Monday, September 26, 2011

Lukeyloo is an Artist



Lucas and I took an afternoon to become artists. We recently read a book about Big Bird from Sesame Street and in the book Big Bird makes several different kinds of art. I told Lucas he could be an artist too! I had him rip several pieces of cardstock and allowed him to place them wherever he wanted to on the white background. He then used my punches to add circles. I picked out a couple different embellishments that coordinated and he placed them on. Lastly I added the dashed lines to some edges. He taped the picture up on his wall. I love that he looks at and calls it "his Artwork". It is refreshing to see craftwork through children's eyes.... it reminds you to not take it too seriously. Just have fun creating art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!