Monday, August 15, 2016

DIY Hello Kitty Mermaid Dirt Cake

Three of my most favorite things combined this week for one awesome party: my sweet daughter Aubrey, Hello Kitty and dirt cake!  I made this cake her second birthday party and it was a huge success.



Here are some details on the cake:

- I used this recipe for the dirt cake. Although I opted for vanilla wafers instead of Golden Oreos. I should've went with the Oreos as I think the frosting would have added some sweetness and texture. I also double the recipe except only used 3 pudding boxes and one container of cool whip.

- The Hello Kitty was made using this Sizzix die from a friend.  I then used a circle punch and some creativity to turn her into a mermaid.

- I used a glass trifle dish instead of a bucket

- The palm tree was purchased from Party City

- I added a cute "happy birthday" banner from my Bella Blvd scrapbook stash

- The ice cream cone was an eraser I bought from Walmart

- The sunglasses were also purchased from Walmart in there doll section. So cute!

Another close-up:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!