Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Party Planning Series 02 - Party Like an Angry Bird

Do you remember when Angry Birds were cool?  If you ask my seven year old, he still thinks they are!  He loved them... was obsessed with them.... couldn't get enough of them.

It even became the theme for his fourth birthday party.  We had a great time planning and he had a great time partying.  Here are some highlights from his Angry Bird party:

The invitations for this party were fun to make.  I used the Cricut and an Angry Bird SVG file to cut the red bird.  The cloud and wood piece were also cut with the Cricut.  I used a woodgrain embossing folder on the wood and a swirl on the cloud. (*tip - When dry embossing, you can usually run three pieces of paper through the Big Shot at a time)  I used a real rubberband for the slingshot.  Inside the invitation I put all the party details.


The thank-you cards were kept pretty simply.  I printed the green pig on white cardstock.  I used the Cricut to cut the golden egg and added a heart stamp which I colored in red.  A black Sharpie was used to freehand the accents.


LOVE the inside of the thank-you card!


For my kids birthday parties, I tend to use a lot of their toys as decorations.  Here I took one of Lucas' large plush Angry Birds and put in a basket (nest) with some filler.  Super cute and free!


My sister, Emily, made an awesome King Pig cake complete with crown.  I wish I had a before picture!


 I made an "Angry Bird Creation Station" complete with coloring books, stickers, tattoos and other fun craft supplies.


And of course no birthday would be complete without an Angry Bird bike!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!