Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Pop-Up Card







I am absolutely in love with the new "Premium Pop-Up Cards" SVG kit on svgcuts.com! I visited my mom on Sunday and we worked on the Cricut Expression. The best about her Cricut is that she also uses Sure Cuts Alot. What an awesome tool to turn svg files into works of art!

This Happy Birthday card was made using the pop-up card kit. No guess work involved... the kit includes the cupcake, the scalloped layered piece, the inside pop-up "happy birthday" and even the card and envelope! No measuring or guessing sizes. I then added glitter to the edges of my cupcake's frosting and punched holes in the scalloped layering piece. Once again, I resorted to the good ole' "Say it in Style" Close to My Heart stamp set to stamp "Happy Birthday." The front seemed a little boring so I also distressed the edges of the happy birthday layer and the front of the card itself. Another key addition to this card was the Doublemate paper - light purple on one side, dark purple on the other.... a perfect pair!

It was quite tricky to have the "happy birthday" pop-up fold right when inside the card. In a "TA-DA" moment, Mom and I got it at the same time. Once you get the hang of it though, it is as easy as, well, cupcake? The card does seem thick so I am mailing with 2 stamps just in case.

Making this card motivated me to save up for a Cricut and Sure Cuts Alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!