Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Anniversary Damask Card



I made this card based of a design from Unscripted Sketches - a fun site that posts a sketch every Saturday to "inspire" you! One of my favorite patterns is damask so I started with that as my base.









I also embossed a "damsky" design in the middle from a stamp set I had from my wedding back in 2007 (glad I was able to use it again). The embossing took countless times as I tried to repeat the pattern 3 times and also have it emboss without burning. I ended up stamping each one and embossing each one before I moved on to the next.



The "Love" metal sentiment was a great find at a rummage sale. It added a little vintage, romantic feel to the card.






Supplies Used:
Crillon 1 clear stamp set from Lil' Davis Designs - damask stamp
Say It With Style clear stamp set from CTMH - "Happy Anniversary" sentiment
Marcasite embossing powder - Stampendous
Vintage Black Damask paper form The Paper Studio
Black brads
Black ribbon
Cream and Red cardstocks
Black stamp pad

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the colors and embossing, and I'm quite impressed with your rummage sale find. That "love" sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! Yes, the love metal sentiment was a great find.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!