Thursday, May 10, 2012

DIY Lace Lampshade

 I was inspired to make this lamp shade for my home office from an idea I saw on Pinterest.  You can check out the website I found it HERE

I started with a blue base from Target ($10) and a white lamp shade from World Market ($10).  I bought a yard of lace from Hobby Lobby using a 40% coupon so I think it came to about $4 or so.  I measured and cut the lace so that it fit width-wise across the shade.

I then took some Krylon Easy-Tack Re-positionable Adhesive and sprayed the shade and laid down the lace.  This was not as hard as I thought it was and I was able to reposition as needed.  I think used Valspar Gloss spray paint in Red to color the negative of the lace.  My only regret... I wish I would have spray painted a heavier layer of red.  I was concerned that the color would bleed and make the lace design not as crisp but it didn't at all.  I have some lighter red on one side but I just turn that part to the back (shhhh..... don't tell anyone)  I also removed the lace right away to let it dry.

Overall a success!!! And a great DIY project for beginners.

4 comments:

  1. BTW, Target now had the lampshade listed for $19.99 but check your local store. Mine was only $10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing!!! :) You are so darn creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Katie. So much fun.... we all have to get togther and craft this summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for checking it out ladies! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!