Thursday, April 21, 2016

Liftapalooza 2016: Natalie & Lessons in Letters

Happy Days are here again!  I had time this morning to complete another one of Scrapbook Challenge's Liftapalooza sketches.  This time it was Natalie's sketch.

Here is her version:


What I loved most about her page was how simple and effortless it looked. It also made good use of patterned papers.  I came up with this fun version:


The hardest part was deciding on a great phrase. I used some cute Pink Paislee wood veneer letters.  Unfortunately there was only one letter of each in the package besides some commons ones like the "a" and "e".  I had to be creative with the words I chose so I had enough to finish.  On the bright side, choosing the right patterned papers was a breeze.  This part I typically struggle with.  Choosing the kite embellishments (impulse buy from Michael's) made finding the right card stock easier... something I'll need to remember in the future.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! Glad you thought it was a challenge but an easy challenge! Great use of your kites (I have some myself and may lift you both!)-love it! Kate (SBC)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!