Monday, August 1, 2011

Wedding Memory Box

This wedding memory box is one of my absolute favorites. I initially found the plain brown box at Hobby Lobby in their 80% clearance section. I had no clue what I was going to do with it but it was too good of a deal to pass up. As my friend's wedding was approaching, I really wanted to do something more personal for her. I decided to use the box as a "memory box" for her and her new hubby to put sentimentals in like the invitation, corsages, etc.


I knew right away I wanted to do their wedding date in vinyl on the front of the box. The vinyl was cut out of Oracal 631 - Olive.


I then took Mod Podge and glued a patterned paper at the bottom of the box. I used Cosmo Cricket's Social Club Cocktail in "Now Spin Me Round". I also added the flip side of the paper (the red polka dot) to the underneath of the lid.


The lid was looking a little boring so I decided to go old school and do their initials "T+K" in an arrowed heart. The heart was cut from the "Monster Love" svg file from Lettering Delights. Click HERE to check it out on their site. Their initials were rub-ons from Doodlebug's All Mixed Up - Beetle Black large.


I also used string to make a banner that had their wedding date. The numbers were cut from Collage Press' Sunnyside Lane cardstock.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!