Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Snow Angel" 12x12 Page - Unscripted Sketches #143


I had so much fun today creating a "Snow Angel" page of my adorable Lukeyloo! This picture was taken back in December 2009 when we had a huge snowstorm. Lucas was about 8 months at the time. The overall design is from Unscripted Sketches #143 that was posted yesterday.Below is a picture of it.



I mainly used the "Let It Snow" page kit from The Paper Studio but added my own twist to it. I included some white embossed stamping at the bottom using the snowflake stamp from the Christmas borders set by Recollections. I also added some polka-dot stamped crinkled paper and flocked snowflake brad. I had to get in something from Grandma Hildie's collection so I added the silver trim around the circle in the corner!

The hardest part was figuring out how to add some texture to the gray and blue trim underneath the picture. I ended-up cutting two pieces of blue and embossing them with the "thank you" folder from Sizzix. I also added some stickles to the corners of the raised parts. It added so much to the page. I had to use 2 pieces of blue as I work with the texture boutique and smaller folders. I believe the largest length they fit is 6 inches so sometimes you have to be a bit creative!





3 comments:

  1. awesome lo and take on the sketch chickie! love the placement of 'snow' and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just spent about 10 minutes looking at your layout! So many wee details that you have assembled into one fabulous creation. It is obvious that this is truly a labour of love. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable layout - great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!