Thursday, January 26, 2012

"You Light Up My Life" Card using "Sweet Talk Postage Stamps" Cardstock from K&Company

I needed to get some crafting time in today and here comes Emma from "My Creative Time" to the rescue with a Throwback Challenge for today. The challenge was to create any type of Valentine's Day card using your favorite Cricut cartridge. Although I did not pull out my Cricut for this card, I definitely got in my "me" time!!! To check out some other creations for the Throwback Challenge visit Emma's site --- you won't be disappointed.




I used a "postage stamp" from the Brenda Walton collection for K&Company - Sweet Talks cardstock. I also used the "Bless" paper out of the Euphoria collection from Basic Grey. The music notes at the bottom were stamped in some pink Cat's Eye pigment ink and then embossed with some sparkly star dust powder. I do not remember what brand the music note clear stamp is from but do know I got it from Hobby Lobby and it comes in a set of 5 backgrounds. It stamped really well!

The ribbon was re-purposed from a stack of washcloths - it was tying them all together. How eco-friendly am I???





6 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Way to re-use your ribbon...I love doing that!!! :) Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is so cute! you know stampin up used to sell that twine for big money, great way to recycle!!! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the pink and grey! Terrific job on this beautiful card! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty job. Love this color combo!

    Dawn
    DeeGeeScraps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors! I LOVE the twill tape/ribbon and that you re-used it! So green of you!

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments! I enjoyed reading them all! Thanks for checking out the site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!