Saturday, January 8, 2011
Baby Boy Orange & Blue Card
Hi All - Thank goodness it is the weekend. A long week traveling but glad to be home. Last weekend I had the chance to make cards for upcoming parties and birthdays. I made this Baby Boy card for a baby shower I have today.
- I made this card using the Itsy Bitsy Baby Boy 8x8 paper pack from K&Company. I love this pack and use it also for my 8x8 baby albums I make for family and friends.
- The word "baby" is from a set of clear acrylics I think from Deja Views.
- I also just cut very small vertical rectangles to make the slit for the orange and white striped ribbon.
- I cut the scalloped edges on the light blue paper (underneath the work "baby") using a scallop scissors. Sometimes it is hard for me the keep the scallop line going straight but getting better at it.
- The Special Delivery truck and stars are from a set of die cuts from the Itsy Bitsy Boy collection from K&Company. I am digging these die cuts. You get 2 of each design with one side being glittered and the other not. Add a pop dot underneath and you got a 3-D embellishment. I will also being using these on the baby albums. The set of die cuts is also super inexpensive -- only $3.99 at Archiver's. Use a 30% coupon on them and they become even more affordable. I have checked out other craft stores and Archiver's is the only one I have found to carry them.
**Note the Itsy Bitsy line also comes in Baby Girl. This card could easily be converted to a girl theme with a different design paper and die cuts.