Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Pocketful of Sunshine" card

Sorry for the blurry picture - YUCK!

The idea for this card came from Natasha Bedingfield's song "Pocketful of Sunshine". Initially I was going to make the pocket look more "jean-like" but the patterned paper screamed for some bright blue. I free-handed the pocket's flaps by using the Martha Stewart scoring board and attached using double-sided red tape.

The sentiment was cut using the Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot 2. I cut the words out of pink vinyl. I used the negative part of the vinyl on the top and the letters for "Sunshine" on the pocket.

The sun was attached with some yellow rick-rack and sits inside the pocket for a little surprise. The file is from Lettering Delights Banner Day svg file. I first cut it in orange cardstock and than yellow. I also white-line dashed it and added a yellow button to the middle.


Supplies Used:
Patterned paper and flower border: Sweet Summertime paper pack (Echo Park)
Sun svg file: Banner Day (Lettering Delights)
Jewels, Rick-Rack, and Button: personal collection
Dash-line: White Pen (Gelly Roll)
Vinyl: Lipstick (Oracal 361)

The Banner Day file is free when you create an account with Lettering Delights. Please click on their ad from my site to sign up and get this great, FREE file!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!