Thursday, February 2, 2012

Baby Girl & Baby Boy Card - CPS 5th Anniversary Day 5 Challenge



My goal today was to not only make a cute card but start working on using up some of my scrap paper. It has become it's own little monster heaping from it's acrylic storage box. Many hours have been spent sifting through the piles and then carefully jamming it back in trying to avoid that bends & rips that make my effort of saving them useless. I was happy to see another great sketch for Day 5 from the CPS 5th Anniversary Celebration. I knew I wanted to make a baby card but had no idea I would make 2! Last year I had bought about 3 each of the Itsy Bitsy Boy & Girl Paper Packs from K&Company. I made about 6 baby books for friends & family and then had a ton of paper left over. The "Itsy Bitsy" line was my inspiration (along with the sketch!)

Welcome Baby Boy!
The boy card was so fun to make! I made it look like a little zoo train in the middle and added some stars and the sentiment "Boy" for some sparkle



Welcome Baby Girl!
I must admit this is my fave. I got to use some new tulle trim I picked up at Hobby Lobby yesterday. I also stamped and white embossed "Welcome Little One" using a dollar stamp collection from Michaels (love them!) I added some starts and hearts for embellishment.



CPS Day 5 Sketch



My Craft Room turned into a complete mess -- all before 8 am this morning!








3 comments:

  1. these are darling!!!!! way to go, using up your scraps!!!!! thanks so much for playing along at CPS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup, a cardmaking celebration...

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/02/52-card-pickup-week-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patrice - I started following you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!