Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Boo" Rosette Card - CPS 5th Anniversary Day 2 Sketch Challenge


I finally got a chance to try out my new 2" Glubers and Crop-a-Dile today! Although Halloween is far away, I couldn't resist making a spooky card for the CPS 5th Anniversary Day 2 Sketch Challenge. The patterned cardstocks are both from the "Boo-ville" Collection from Little Yellow Bicycle. I also added some scalloped-edged purple cardstock stamp and embossed with polka dots. My sentiment is from the "Small Talk" clear stamp set from My Creative Time - love this stamp! The orange frame was punched using the Vintage Label punch from McGill. I then had to use a craft knife to cut out the "inside" to make it into a frame.

Here are the steps on making the rosette:
- First, I took a 2" Gluber and lined the entire circle with black tulle trim.
- Then I cut a 1" x 12" piece of green cardstock
- Score every 1/2 inch on the green cardstock using a scoring board
- Accordion fold the cardstock and punch a hole in the bottom part of the entire piece
- Take string and string through your punched holes tying it tightly together
- Make a rosette with the accordian and glue the beginning and end pieces together
- I then distressed the rosette with black ink and glued it to the black tulle
- Add an adorable embellishment like the sparkly spider I have on top




CPS 5th Anniversary Celebration Sketch - Day 2





1 comment:

  1. What a neat use of that CPS sketch, love that you turned it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!