Saturday, February 4, 2012

Picture Perfect Pocket Card - CPS 5th Anniversary Sketch Challenge Day 7


Need the perfect card to send to a best friend?? Try one of these Perfect Picture Pocket Cards. When I saw CPS' Day 7 sketch for the 5th Anniversary Celebration, I knew right away I wanted to make some kind of pocket with a picture inside. As I started sorting through pictures I came across this one of my 2 best friends Kelly & Christy and myself from high school -- circa late 1990's. I love this picture of us and, although we don't see each other every day like we did in high school, we still stay close and I considered them my besties. As the sentiment says.... these girls do "make my life a beautiful thing"


I started by taking basic blue cardstock, trimming it, and then scoring it 1 1/2" from the bottom. I stamped the background with a flower from "It's a Beautiful Thing" stamp set from Stampin' Up. I also used this set for the sentiment. I added some pattern paper to the bottom 1 1/2" and glue-dotted a blue flower from Recollections at Michael's. I then took red tape and added it to each side of the bottom part and taped it up. I even painted my paper clips from my office green but some of it is already rubbing off!

I cut the frame for the picture using Sure Cuts A Lot 2 and a doodlebat called Kutups. This I downloaded free from the Internet but I couldn't find it today. Email me if you would like me to send it to you! Enjoy!!!

CPS Day 7 Sketch







2 comments:

  1. I love the picture pocket idea! I neef to do some with pics of my daughter for my parents.

    Julie
    http://scraphappypapercrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE! Love this! Thanks for playing with us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!