Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Smile" Card - CPS 5th Anniversary Day 3 Sketch Challenge



Finally caught up with all the CPS sketches that I missed - yahoo!!! This card I made for Day 3. I was inspired by the scalloped border and knew I wanted to do some clouds. I cut the 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" scallop square using the Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot 2. I layered it on a basic white square card that was a little smaller than the scallop piece so that you couldn't see the white cardstock. I then added some layers of patterned paper from the Fine & Dandy Collection and the Modern Homemaker Collection. My sister, Emily, gracious gave me a piece of her favorite blue sparkly trim to add with a flower in the middle made with 1' Gluber, tulle trim, and some flower die cuts I have had forever (I think they are both K&Company)



I made the sentiment using the Vintage Label punch from McGill and the Small Talk stamp set from My Creative Time stamped in a brown ink from Close To My Heart. It looked great on the lined pattern cardstock also from the Fine & Dandy collection. White-dotting around the edge of the lable using a gel pen added the final touch.

Now I am ready for sketch 6!!

CPS Day 3 Sketch






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!