Saturday, February 4, 2012

Best Bud Scrapbook Page - Unscripted Sketch #144


Another fun sketch from Unscripted Sketches today! I was set out to make a card but ended up making another scrapbook page. This one came from a kit by Perfect Pages called "Little Boy". I got the kit about 4 years ago from Jo-Ann Fabrics on clearance for $2.97. What a steal! All the papers, stickers, embellishments are from the kit with my own twist. I added a bit of glossy accents to some of the stars and phrases. I also lined a lot with black or gray cardstock. The trickiest part was making the black scalloped border. This comes in the kit as basic naked chipboard. I started to use a black Sharpie to make it black but it was taking foreverrrrrrrrr. I decided instead to use some black acrylic paint from Americana and it went much, much quicker. Happy scrapping!


Unscripted Sketch #144







4 comments:

  1. The top picture made my heart smile! Fabulous layout. The black and grey matting really do make everything pop! Good idea to use the acrylic paint to color the border. Thanks for sharing your talents with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute photos- great layout! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a nice use of that Unscripted sketch, I really like that you created a layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - Great job Katie! Love your page - it's awesome! Thanks so much for playing at Unscripted Sketches with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!