Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Floral Card - CPS 5th Anniversary Day 4 Sketch Challenge


Ok, Ok, I know.... I am getting a little crazy with these challenges but it is too much fun! I found yet another site that has great sketches. The site is called CPS (short for Card Positioning Sketches). It is their 5th Anniversary and they are celebrating by having a 15 day sketch Challenge. I am jumping in on Day 4 but plan to go back to complete the prior ones. Today's card is a very pretty floral card that could be used for many occasions depending on what you stamp inside. The pink background was embossed using the Ornate Flourish folder from The Paper Studio and then sanded to look distressed. I used the Floral Patchwork paper from Collections for the patterns and added the border and butterfly from the "Blissful" Icons set from Authentique. The butterfly was topped with some Glossy Accents. I also added some cute clear buttons from Grandma Hildie's collection.

The metal that the butterfly is on is actually from an old Christmas ornament that broke. My Fiskars Titanium scissors was strong enough to cut through the metal until I had the shape I wanted. I knew I had kept that ornament for a reason! I am know re-thinking those 80% off end-of-year ornaments Hobby Lobby always has. I may have to check them out next year!

Remnants of the Christmas Ornament



CPS Anniversary Celebration Day 4 Sketch





2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card!!! Thanks for playing along with the CPS Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanne! And thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!